5 Reasons You Need a Garage in the Chicagoland Area
We love the Chicagoland area and have been building garages here since 1979! Below are some common reasons it is beneficial to have a garage in Chicago & the surrounding suburbs. Many of these apply to a lot of areas, but they are definitely all problems faced by a Chicagoan!
1. Snow – Is it going to snow more than 2 inches? Chicago & many surrounding suburbs do not allow parking on streets for a certain period of time after a 2-inch snowfall. Besides, who wants to scrape off/dig out their car in the morning?
2. Parking – As in many major cities, parking can be a huge problem. Guarantee yourself a parking spot in your own personal garage and avoid the bad-parking epidemic depicted below.
3. Safety - Each year, $1.26 billion in personal items and accessories are stolen from vehicles in about 1.85 million thefts (Nationwide). A garage can help keep your car safe and secure from damage and theft.
4. Storage – In addition to providing car storage, a garage can help you store extra household items. Not only does a garage offer floor space, but you can also leverage wall and overhead storage.
5. Chicago Summertime – If you’ve lived in the Chicagoland area, you know the drill, hot summers & frigid winters. Protect your car from the heat and sun in the summertime with a garage. A garage can help you avoid burning your legs on the hot seats, slow the car’s paint from fading, and even protect the interior from the effects of sun. Learn more about insulating your garage door here.