Why You Should Consider Installing Plumbing in Your Garage
When renovating your garage, there are many things to consider, including aesthetics, function, and safety. These renovations can get even more complicated if you plan on using your garage for more than just a place to park your car or store your tools. In those cases, it is a good idea to consider adding plumbing to your garage.
6 Ways Plumbing Could Enhance Your Garage
If you would like to add additional functions to your garage, or if you are thinking of converting it to a different type of living space, plumbing might be critical to the development of your custom garage. By installing plumbing in your garage, you will be able to add useful features and functions, such as:
- Floor Drains—Especially during the wintertime or after rainstorms, simply having a sloped garage floor that allows gravity to pull melted ice and rainwater toward your garage door might not be enough. This method of drainage can get sloppy, which is particularly bad for you if you want to use your garage for more than a place to keep your car. Installing floor drains with pipelines in your garage could work wonders in terms of eliminating puddles and limiting moisture. The best part? These types of drains are not very complicated to install.
- Utility Sinks—Odds are you already have this type of sink in your basement, but you may need one that is closer to the outdoors or located on the first floor. If you install a utility sink in your garage, you could use it to bathe your pet, clean your tools, or do other tasks that would be difficult to handle in your kitchen sink.
- Half-Baths—Especially if you have converted your garage into an entertainment center, “man cave,” or extra bedroom, a half-bath can be very useful. This will stop people from having to go into the house if you are hosting an outdoor party. It can also provide increased privacy.
- Showers—If you are doing lawn work, gardening, working on your next home improvement project, or simply playing with your kids, you might get muddy, dirty, and sweaty. Having a shower that is still outside of the house will help you make sure filth does not find its way into your pristine house.
- Laundry Facilities—If you feel like your laundry room is taking up too much space in your house, and you have better ideas for how to use that space, you can use new garage plumbing to set up a laundry room.
- Wet Bars—If you plan to use your garage as a home entertainment center or “man cave” where you often entertain guests, then a wet bar would be a stylish and useful addition. A sink, some shelving to hold alcohol bottles and other drinks, a fashionable counter with stools, and a fridge with a working ice maker can make any gathering a party.
Those are only a few examples of the additional capabilities your garage can have if you install plumbing. There are many more—the options are only as limited as your imagination!
Contact a Downers Grove Custom Garage Professional
Plumbing opens up a world of possibilities for living spaces in your garage. If you are interested in learning more about how to update your garage with the added benefits of plumbing, reach out to a Chicago-area garage renovation expert at 630-852-8485. Blue Sky Builders will consult with you to see how we can help you improve your garage.