What Is the Best Type of Siding to Use for My Garage?
As the weather warms up during the spring, you may be looking to make improvements to your home or garage. If the exterior of your garage is looking worn, you may be considering replacing the siding. This type of garage renovation can not only improve the appearance of your home, but it can provide you with other benefits, such as better energy efficiency. By looking at factors such as price, durability, and maintenance requirements, you can choose the type of garage siding that will meet your needs both right now and in the years to come.
Siding Material Options
There are many different materials and types of siding available, and some of the most common options used by homeowners include:
- Vinyl siding – This is one of the most popular choices for homeowners, since it is inexpensive and easy to install and does not require very much maintenance. However, the material may crack due to temperature changes in the winter, and colors can fade due to sunlight. Sections of siding that are damaged can usually be replaced easily and inexpensively.
- Polypropylene siding – Similar to vinyl, this type of siding is made from recycled materials. Because it is heavier, it may be more expensive than vinyl siding, but it is also more durable.
- Fiber cement siding – This type of material is highly durable, and it may be a good option if you are looking to minimize damage from water, weather, or pests.
- Steel log siding – While this type of material mimics the look of a log cabin, it is made of steel, which is very durable and able to withstand extreme weather and temperatures.
- Aluminum siding – This material is another cost-effective choice, since it is easy to install while providing protection against fires and strong weather. Unlike vinyl siding, aluminum siding can be painted if you choose to change the color of your home.
- Engineered wood cladding – This type of wood siding is designed to be durable, and unlike traditional wood siding or shingles, it is resistant to warping, cracking, and pest infestations.
- Stucco siding – This type of siding provides a clean look, and it is one of the most durable materials available, often lasting multiple decades. It is easy to install, and it also provides an extra layer of insulation, which can help maintain comfortable temperatures inside a garage.
Contact Our DuPage County Garage Siding Specialists
If you are looking to replace your garage’s siding, the professionals at Blue Sky Builders can help you understand your options, and we will work with you to find a solution that will fit your needs while staying within your budget. Contact our Downers Grove garage renovation experts at 630-852-8485 to set up a free estimate.