Gable garages are one of the most common types of garage. This simple, yet practical style of garage offers numerous possibilities.
What is a gable garage? With two sloping sides that come together at a ridge, gable garages are built to match the gables on your house, with the triangular gable facing the front.
Advantages of gable garages include:
- Sturdy design
- Allows for vaulted ceilings, increasing storage space
- The sleep slopes allow rain and snow to run off much easier than other types of roofs
- The pitch can be varied to match the look of your home
- Windows can be added to the gable ends
- Shakes and frieze boards can be installed to dress up the front
Gable Garages in Chicagoland
A build up of snow (which is common in the Chicagoland area) on a roof can be damaging, and even cause roof cave ins. Therefore, the steep slopes of gabled garages are advantageous in areas that have a lot of snow in the winter.
Gable Garage Examples
Here are some gable garages we have built in the Chicagoland area :
Looking for the Gable Garage of your dreams?
For a free quote, fill out the short form below: