Insulated Garage Doors Great for Cold Weather
If you notice that your garage door is old and outdated, you might be having a difficult time figuring out what your options are for upgrading it, especially with the cold weather coming your way. One of the best things to look for in a garage door this time of year is insulation. Insulated garage doors provide numerous advantages over other kinds of doors, and they are still very affordable when you are trying to save cash around the holidays.
Why Get an Insulated Garage Door?
Insulated garage doors are great for many reasons.They usually consist of several layers of material, including more than an inch of safe and environmentally friendly insulation. Some additional pros to getting an insulated garage door include:
- Long Lasting. Insulated garage doors can last longer because they are strong and durable.
- The quiet factor. Insulated garage doors are quiet (often quieter than many other models of doors),
- Moisture & pest free. Insulated garage doors serve as an excellent barrier against moisture, insects, and burglars.
- Temperature control. During the cold winters, many people live for their warm garage. Having insulation available makes it easy for you to maintain your garage’s temperature, and, it’ll stay cool once summer garage season comes back!
Without a doubt, the top two advantages of insulated garage doors are that they:
- Regulate the temperature in your garage and home. If your garage is connected to your home and not insulated, the hot summer sun and the cold winter nights can turn the garage into either a furnace or a freezer. Regulating the temperature will also help protect any tools, equipment, or storage you are keeping in the garage.
- Lower energy costs. An un-insulated garage door can suck up a lot of the air conditioning and heat from your home, greatly increasing your energy costs. If you have rooms directly beside or above the garage door, you will also have to use more AC or heat to keep them at a livable temperature.
Seeing that it is getting colder again, and many people look to save money during the holiday season, you may want to consider investing in an insulated garage door to keep you warm. If you are looking to upgrade your garage door, contact Blue Sky Builders to install your insulated garage door before it gets too cold out! Blue Sky can provide several solutions for your garage door needs to make sure you stay warm and are completely satisfied.
Be sure to share this post using the tools below!
Note: The main poitns in this article come from the Utah garage door experts.