New Technologies and Special Features for Custom Garages
Everyone deserves a garage that best fits their needs and wants. During this time of the year, you may be starting to consider the types of features you would like to have for your garage. If you just want a place to store your car and other personal items, or if you are planning to use your garage to host social gatherings, you will want to be up to date with the best features that will give your garage a unique feel.
Technology and Smart Home Features
As new technologies continue to be developed, they can provide some great solutions for your garage. Some of the most helpful technologies include home automation features that can be tied into one network through your home security interface. With this type of technology, you can use your smartphone to activate certain features when you are away from home, including turning lights on and off, locking or unlocking doors, opening or closing your garage door remotely, and activating or deactivating your security alarm.
What Else Can I Add to My Garage?
In addition to technological innovations, there are a wide variety of ways you can manually make your garage stand out. Some ideas include:
- Climate control – A modern climate control system can automatically monitor the temperature, humidity, and air pressure of your garage, ensuring that the items or vehicles you store there are kept in good condition.
- Car elevator – A hidden door in the floor of your garage can be used to store your car underground, with an elevator entrance and exit.
- Hydraulic lift – If you love to work on your car’s engine, your own hydraulic lift is a great solution. A lift may cost a few thousand dollars, but it can provide you with the maintenance features you need and save you the need to visit a mechanic.
- Elegant styles of flooring – Concrete is the most common flooring type in today’s garages. Polished marble or other types of custom flooring are a good way to show off your car collection and to give your garage a more elegant touch.
- A bar or social section – Having a fully-stocked bar in your garage is a great idea if you love to host social gatherings. Depending on the style of your home and garage, it may be a good idea to create a bar area or social area that matches the design of your home.
Call Blue Sky Builders
For over 39 years, Blue Sky Builders has assisted DuPage County area clients in a wide variety of projects involving special garage features. For further information on how we can help you add the features that will take your garage to the next level, please contact us at 630-852-8485 today. To view some of our previous work, please visit our gallery.