Is It Time to Replace Your Garage Door Opener?
Nothing can stop you in your tracks like a malfunctioning or broken garage door opener. Garage door openers can perform consistently for years, but they will eventually need to be replaced or repaired. If you see or hear any of the following signs with your garage door opener, it may be time to call in a professional.
Signs it is Time to Replace Your Garage Door Opener
- The Door Won’t Open or Close – This seems like the obvious place to start. If your garage door opener won’t respond when you press the button and there is nothing else stopping the door, it may be time to look for a replacement.
- The Garage Door Only Works Intermittently – This situation can not only be frustrating but also dangerous. If the batteries in your remote are OK, there could be something more seriously wrong. Faulty wiring or other mechanical issues may be causing the door to behave erratically. The door opening and closing unexpectedly is another bad sign.
- The Opener Is Making Noises – If your garage door opener starts making sounds that you have never heard before or operating louder than it has, that is a good sign that a repair or replacement is in your future. Older garage door openers also tend to be louder.
Features of a New Garage Door Opener
At Blue Sky Builders, we can find the right garage door opener for you, with all of the features that you need. We offer LiftMaster garage door openers, which we can install when you build a new garage, install a new garage door opener in your existing garage, or fix your existing garage door opener.
Features on the garage door openers that we offer include:
- Operation – You can choose standard or Ultra Quiet, recommended if you have an attached garage.
- Lighting – LED lighting is available for ultra-bright lighting for your entire garage. Standard lighting is also available.
- Drive Type – A belt drive will be ultra-quiet and smooth; a chain drive is more affordable, while a wall mount will save you space.
- Equivalent Horsepower – For a heavier door or a climate with extreme weather, you should select a 3/4 horsepower opener. A 1/2 horsepower opener is also available.
- Safety & Security features – Features that you can select to make your garage even safer include connecting the opener to a smartphone, battery backup so that you can access your garage even if your power is out, an automatic deadbolt for the door upon closing for extra security, and an integrated video camera so you can see live streaming video from your garage.
Contact Our DuPage County Garage Door Opener Professionals Today
If your garage door opener is giving you trouble or it is time for an upgrade, contact Blue
Sky Builders. We’ll help you find the right solution for your garage. For questions on pricing or a free estimate on the installation or repair of your garage door opener, call our Downers Grove garage door opener experts at 630-852-8485.