How To Fall In Love With Your Garage
Is your garage in a less-than-desirable state? Perhaps you recently purchased a home and the garage is in need of some repairs. Maybe the garage you have is in good condition but has gotten a little chaotic over the years. Whatever the status of your garage, there is always room to elevate and renovate. Let Blue Sky Builders offer you some tips and ideas to fall in love with your garage all over again.
Renovation and Restoration
If you have a garage on your property that has been in disrepair from the beginning, then it may be time to start and begin the restoration process; a great place to begin is from the ground up.
- New Flooring – Giving the floor a good cleaning can go a long way. If it is in bad shape, there are many options available, such as painting, concrete grinding, sealing, or applying an epoxy coating.
- Garage Door – The door may be too small for modern midsized cars if you have a garage door that was built a few decades ago. The front walls can be upgraded and widened to accommodate new doors. This is also a good opportunity to exchange the door for something more aesthetically pleasing or modern. Lastly, do not forget to install a garage door opener if it is missing one!
- Walls – Check the exterior walls and that may have any rotting wood or problems in the base boards and trim. Follow this by scraping off old paint, applying a fresh coat, or replacing your vinyl siding.
- Roof – Double-check your roof to see if you need to replace any shingles if you have them. If there has been recent storm damage, many insurance policies will assist in costs for the repairs.
Making a Good Garage Great
If the garage itself is in good condition, but you feel you are not getting the most out of the space it offers, there are plenty of ways to changes you can make to feel inspired in it:
- Adding new decorations
- Changing the lighting
- Decluttering and reorganizing
- Adding in air conditioning or heating
- Updating or resealing the flooring
- Converting the garage into a workshop for a project or hobby
The possibilities are endless, but the majority of issues can be resolved with the “decluttering and reorganizing” option. Finding new methods of storage such as new cabinets or overhead storage can make a garage feel like a whole new space again. Do not be afraid to try something new!
Show Your Garage Some Love With Our DuPage County Garage Experts
No matter the current state of your garage, there are always ways to spice things up and make the space feel fresh. To learn how to bring new life into your garage, get in touch with our Downers Grove custom garage renovation experts today by calling 630-852-8485.